San Juan BOCES Gifted Education Overview
gifted students will accomplish challenging post secondary workforce goals and
become productive, creative citizens capable of succeeding in their area of
Juan BOCES is dedicated to the education of gifted students; those whose
abilities, talents, and potential for accomplishment are so exceptional or
developmentally advanced that they require special provisions to meet their
educational programming needs.
- Communicate and provide information to increase understanding of characteristics of gifted students and gifted education.
- Promote equity of access and implementation of appropriate programming, curriculum models and social-emotional, career guidance support.
- Provide support, service and advocacy regarding effective practices and research findings.
Gifted students (K-12) are capable of
high performance, exceptional production, or exceptional learning behavior by
virtue of any or a combination of these areas of giftedness:
- General or specific intellectual ability
- Specific academic aptitude
- Creative or productive thinking
- Leadership abilities
- Visual arts, performing arts, musical or psychomotor abilities
Gifted students include
students with disabilities (i.e. twice exceptional) and students with
exceptional abilities or potential from all socioeconomic and ethnic cultural
State Gifted Education
Deb Nielsen – SJBOCES Gifted
District/School Contact List
Colorado Gifted Education Report:
Please Click Here to read the 2014 report.
Evaluation and Accountability:
2015-16 Online Course Offerings
Percentage of Students Scoring at the Advanced Levels
Regional Gifted Education Calendar
SJBOCES 2015-16 Gifted Education Timeline
Gifted Student Demographics